What is TTouch®?
Tellington TTouch Training offers a gentle approach to the care and training of companion animals, horses, farm animals, exotics and wildlife. It is also an effective and empowering method that provides self-help for humans.
Developed by internationally recognized animal expert, Linda Tellington-Jones, PhD (Hon), this method is based on cooperation and respect for all animals and their people.
The approach in the field of canines is widely accepted as a powerful method to improve behavior, enhance performance and health and teach a dog to learn willingly. It helps establish a deeper rapport and more effective connection and understanding between humans and their animals.
The Tellington Method is comprised of four components:
- Gentle body work called Tellington TTouch comprised of circular touches, lifts, and slides;
- Movement exercises in "The Playground for Higher Learning;
- Specific harnesses and other equipment;
- Intention with the realization that you can "Change Your Mind & Change Your Animal."
The Tellington TTouch can help in cases of:
- Excessive Barking and Chewing
- Leash Pulling
- Jumping Up
- Aggressive Behavior
- Extreme Fear and Shyness
- Resistance to Grooming
- Excitability and Nervousness
- Car Sickness
- Problems Associated With Aging
This gentle method is currently being used by animal owners, trainers, breeders, veterinarians, zoo personnel and shelter workers on four continents. There are 1600 certified Tellington practitioners teaching TTouch in 28 countries to to help you with your dog, cat or other pet. Check the 'Practitioner Directory' at www.ttouch.com to find a certified Practitioner or TTouch workshop nearest to you.